That IS a good charr..& I always wish the pics were better ..sigh..
Loved this recipe to the core..
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2):
- 2 whole pomfret fish, about 200 gms each
- 1 tbsp thick curd, hung for a few hours
- 1 & ½ tbsp Chickpeas flour (Beasn)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric pwd
- ½ tsp red chilli pwd
- ½ tsp Kashmiri/Deggi Mirch pwd
- 1 tsp Coriander pwd
- ¼ tsp Garam masala pwd
- ½ tsp Carom seed (ajwain)
- 2 tbsp oil for shallow frying plus 1 tbsp for marinade
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh salad and lime wedges to serve
- Clean the pomfret fish and make deep incision across the fish on both side about 1 inch apart. Smaer with the lemon juice and salt and crushed pepper and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Now dry roast the chickpeas flour in a small pan until just fragrant but the colour does not change.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli, kashmiri chilli, coriander pwd together in a bowl. Then mix in the carom seed, garam masala pwd, 1 tbsp oil and the roasted chickpeas flour.
- Marinate the pomfret in this spice mixture for 15 mins.
- Heat remaining oil in a non stick pan and fry the marinated fish along with all the marinade for 3-4 mins on each side on a med-high flame, until the marinade & skin turns golden and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve hot with a fresh crunchy salad of your choice and lime wedges.